My Vocabulary Paragraph


  1. inciting- to encourage or stir up
  2. zany- amusingly unconventional and idiosyncratic
  3. incongruous- not in harmony of keeping up with the surroundings of other aspects of something
  4. lofty- of imposing height
  5. gratuitous- uncalled for; lacking good reason; unwarranted 
  6. septuagenarian- a person who is from 70 to 79 years old
  7. jeering- making rude and mocking remarks, typically in a loud voice
  8. witty- showing or characterized by quick and inventive verbal humor
  9. strive- make great efforts to achieve
  10. truism- statement that is obviously true
When I entered the lofty glass building, I certainly felt the urge to incite in Mr. Jackson's meeting. The meeting was filled with rich men, sitting at a huge round table discussing God knows what. Mr. Jackson was a strict man who didn't take any crap from no one who worked in his building. Except for me. I knew all sorts of tricks to get Mr. Jackson wrapped around my finger. I would often talk his head off, by asking him about a gratuitous topic, that would get him to talk about himself and stuff that would potentially give me a raise. As I stood behind the door, I could hear Mr.Jackson jeering at Mr. Shire about how he's never on time for work. I kind of felt bad because, Mr. Shire was in fact a septuagenarian, who indeed needed to be talked to with more respect than Mr. Jackson was presenting. Mr. Jackson went on and on about how he would soon replace Shire with someone who is more dedicated to the job than he was. My eyes grew wide. The truism in that statement definitely hit me hard because, I knew Jackson was a man of his word. Jackson was always striving to make his company bigger and better with each passing day. Mr. Shire made a witty and zany remark that made the rest of the men laugh awfully hard but, I didn't hear Mr. Jackson laugh. Not even a chuckle. I can't even lie, I was laughing on the outside of the door myself. I even found myself tapping on the door while laughing. The laughs suddenly stopped, but I was still on the outside of the door laughing my guts out. Mr. Jackson quickly opened the door and was staring at me in confusion. All of the men soon gathered behind him and was staring me down as well. I felt so incongruous with all them standing in front of me. Mr. Jackson turned around and commanded the men to return to their seats but, when he turned back around I was out of there with a blink of an eye. I ran out of the building, jumped into my car, and sped off into the night like Batman. I wasn't supposed to come in for work until that Monday and it was Friday night. Hopefully, Mr. Jackson would have forgotten I was eavesdropping on his very important meeting and replace me with Mr. Shire's, soon to be old job! 
This the concludes the vocabulary paragraph.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

“You’re” by Sylvia Plath

AP ClassRoom (Wednesday)

Almost Christmas Break (Friday)